Join Our Team
Nordic Valley is still accepting job applications during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, we expect significant delays in the hiring/recruiting process and anticipate some positions will remain unfilled for a period of time. Thank you for your understanding.
We are always looking for talented people to join our fun and adventurous team.
The Director of Mountain Operations will be responsible for the successful management of all mountain operations departments including Terrain Park, Facilities Maintenance, Ski Patrol, Lift Operations, Lift Maintenance, Grooming, Snowmaking, and Vehicle Maintenance. The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader that will be integral in creating a positive culture of accountability and enthusiasm that leads to an exceptional guest experience. Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- As a senior leader, the Mountain Operations Director will build a positive, forward looking culture focused around Nordic Valley Ski Resort values.
- Oversees and provides guidance to the following departments: Terrain Park, Ski Patrol, Lift Operations, Facilities Maintenance, Lift Maintenance, Grooming, Snowmaking, and Vehicle Maintenance.
- Effectively supervises all areas including coaching, counseling, and disciplinary action as necessary
- Responsible for the efficient and safe management of all mountain operations, ensuring a family-friendly experience for resort guests.
- Controls mountain team labor costs and expenses.
- Assists department supervisors in developing procedures, priorities, schedules and cost controls.
- Prepares and manages mountain team budgets, including both capital and operating budgets.
- Periodically interviews, hires and schedules for shifts and training. Makes salary recommendations, promotions, disciplinary discussions and terminations.
- Monitors employee and team performance to ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed and all company equipment is being operated in a safe and responsible manner
- Ensures that all teams are aware of company goals, both financial and customer service related, and are working towards achieving them.
- Ensures OSHA and ANSI-B77 standards are in compliance.
- Assist with any mountain team responsibility in any location on the mountain and know all mountain routes by snowmobile, truck or ski/snowboard.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to operate heavy machinery including snow cats, snowmobiles, back hoes, atv’s etc.
- Must have general mechanical and electrical experience and/or training.
- Should have experience and in-depth knowledge of lifts, lift operations, lift maintenance, snow making, grooming, night lighting, etc.
Education or Formal Training:
- College degree in business, management, or related field preferred.
- Electrical or mechanical certifications preferred, but not required.
- Previous ski industry management experience required. Hands on and management expertise in more than one mountain team area preferred (lift operations, lift maintenance, trails/grooming, snowmaking, patrol, terrain park, vehicle maintenance, ski school).
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong project management skills are required.
- Must be able to learn and master operational and technical knowledge of all lifts at Nordic Valley Resort and be able to operate all lifts in electric and auxiliary.
- Must have knowledge of lift evacuation procedures and be able to participate in any capacity in a lift evacuation.
- Solid knowledge of basic electrical systems and understanding preventative maintenance needs/scheduling.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations and most current edition of applicable ANSI B77.1 codes.
- Solid knowledge of computer applications, Google Docs, Sheets, Meetings and Calendar
- Strong typing, written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Basic machinery operation skills.
- Ability to read a P&L and adhere to a budget
- Must be able to ski or ride at a level to safely navigate the entire property.
If you are interested in one of the below positions, please complete the form at the bottom of the page:
Lift Operations – Come be a part of our team, must be 18 years or older. Full-time and Part-time Seasonal positions available for day and night shifts. These positions involve working outside in all weather conditions. Must have great customer service and be dependable.
Food Services – Do you love working with guests and in a fast paced environment then our food service team is right for you. We have positions for cashiers, cooks, with full-time and part-time seasonal positions available for day and night shifts. Must have food handlers permit, be hard working and dependable.
Ticket Sales – Is guest services something you love to do, then join our team in the ticket office. We have full-time and part-time seasonal positions available for day and night shifts. Must be hard working and dependable.