2021/2022 Winter Experience
We are excited for the most historical year at Nordic Valley. We are committed to offering the freedom to ski while keeping our guests and staff our top priority. Please review the information below to best understand enhancements and changes to our normal operations.
- Our scheduled opening day is TBD!
- Lift tickets will be sold online, in advance and same day, as well as at the ticket window on site.
- We will be operating more efficiently at our base area, including reduced contact through online tickets and food ordering, and increasing number of outdoor bathroom facilities in order to physically distance.
Commitments to COVID Containment
Our winter operating plan was developed in partnership with Weber County and the State of Utah. Guests can find additional information on state or county mandates and health initiatives, click here.
- All guests and employees are encouraged to wear a mask and physically distance in all public places except when eating or drinking at a designated dining location or when actively engaged in skiing, riding, or other distanced outdoor activities. Individuals who cannot medically tolerate the wearing of a face-covering should not visit Nordic Valley this season.
- Chairlift procedures will be as follows: Chair lifts will be loaded and run at full capacity.
- We will follow all guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting public spaces and ventilation to ensure proper ventilation across the resort.
- In the case of an extreme weather event, injury, or other emergencies, we will prioritize the immediate safety and sheltering needs of guests and staff when in conflict with these COVID-19 guidelines.
- Any individual who tests positive for or has been exposed to COVID-19, while in Utah, will immediately go into isolation and we will work closely with local health officials to notify persons who may have been in contact with that person.
- Please note operations may change at any time and resort officials will diligently monitor county and state status to make the necessary shifts to operation in concordance with said mandates.
Lift Tickets and Passes
- We don’t anticipate a reservation system for our passholders.
- The majority of lift tickets will be sold online, but we will also have lift tickets available on site for purchase.
- Tickets will go on sale Friday, November 19, 2021, and a major goal of our pricing this season will be to help anticipate and spread out demand.
- On peak days, expect to see higher rates due to increased demand, and conversely, expect to see much lower pricing on weekdays and other non-peak time periods.
- Lessons will be available online for purchase. In order to limit wait time and ensure physical distancing, please order lessons online, in advance.
- Students and instructors will receive symptom and exposure questionnaires upon their arrival to the ski area for ski school.
- Students will proceed directly to the on-snow check-in desk instead of going indoors and will be connected with their teacher at that time.
- All ski school groups will be limited to 10 students per instructor.
- We plan to offer our After-School Program starting January.
- Safety on chairlifts is paramount, and maintaining seating distance is not required for ski school groups with students too young to ride chairlifts by themselves safely, or those who require additional assistance or have additional needs to ride chairlifts safely.
- Students 7 years and younger will be required to be in a private lesson.
- Rentals will be available online for purchase. In order to limit wait time and ensure physical distancing, please order your rentals online, in advance.
- Guests will be directed in an orderly flow for rental equipment to manage customer congregation.
New! Now offering an online food ordering option featuring convenient to-go options. Learn more.
- Haagar building will now have Grab and Go food options available for purchase.
- Additional extra outdoor seating will be available at select locations and there are no capacity limits for outdoor dining.
- Contactless payment methods are available at all of our restaurants, so we encourage guests to avoid bringing cash.
- Visit our new Retail Yurt, converted from our Ski School to Retail Center with merchandise available for purchase.
- We will be monitoring and limiting the number of guests inside the Yurt to to ensure guest safety.