2020/2021 Winter Experience
We are excited for the most historical year at Nordic Valley. We are committed to offering the freedom to ski while keeping our guests and staff our top priority. Please review the information below to best understand enhancements and changes to our normal operations.
- Our opening day is Sunday, December 13, 2020!
- Lift tickets will be sold online, in advance and same day, as well as at the ticket window on site.
- All guests must wear a mask and physically distance in all public places except when eating or drinking at a designated dining location or when actively engaged in skiing, riding, or other distanced outdoor activities.
- We will be operating more efficiently at our base area, including reduced contact through online tickets and food ordering, reducing the number of guests indoors, and increasing number of bathroom facilities in order to physically distance.
Commitments to COVID Containment
Our winter operating plan was developed in partnership with Weber County and the State of Utah. Guests can find additional information on state or county mandates and health initiatives, click here.
- All guests and employees must wear a mask and physically distance in all public places except when eating or drinking at a designated dining location or when actively engaged in skiing, riding, or other distanced outdoor activities. Individuals who cannot medically tolerate the wearing of a face-covering should not visit Nordic Valley this season.
- Chairlift procedures will be as follows: guests will self-group and ride chairlifts with their related parties, unrelated parties may share 4 or 6 person chairs with at least one seat in-between each party, no one will be required to ride with someone they do not know.
- Access to indoor spaces will be limited and we ask that all guests plan to be outside more this season, especially on peak days. Guests not renting equipment should boot up at their vehicle and leave any items not needed for skiing there. You will not be able to hang out, store things, or eat a brown bag lunch inside. Buildings will have capacity restrictions and only be for dining or to-go order customer only and bathroom use.
- Group gatherings in the parking lots will not be allowed. Only parties that arrived at the ski area together can gather and group sizes must be 10 or less.
- We will follow all guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting public spaces and ventilation to ensure proper ventilation across the resort.
- In the case of an extreme weather event, injury, or other emergencies, we will prioritize the immediate safety and sheltering needs of guests and staff when in conflict with these COVID-19 guidelines.
- Any individual who tests positive for or has been exposed to COVID-19, while in Utah, will immediately go into isolation and we will work closely with local health officials to notify persons who may have been in contact with that person.
- Please note operations may change at any time and resort officials will diligently monitor county and state status to make the necessary shifts to operation in concordance with said mandates.
Lift Tickets and Passes
- We don’t anticipate a reservation system for our passholders.
- The majority of lift tickets will be sold online, but we will also have lift tickets available on site for purchase.
- Tickets will go on sale Saturday, December 12, 2020, and a major goal of our pricing this season will be to help anticipate and spread out demand.
- On peak days, expect to see higher rates due to increased demand, and conversely, expect to see much lower pricing on weekdays and other non-peak time periods.
- Lessons will be available online for purchase. In order to limit wait time and ensure physical distancing, please order lessons online, in advance.
- Students and instructors will receive symptom and exposure questionnaires upon their arrival to the ski area for ski school.
- Students will proceed directly to the on-snow check-in desk instead of going indoors and will be connected with their teacher at that time.
- All ski school groups will be limited to 10 students per instructor.
- We plan to offer our After-School Program starting January.
- Safety on chairlifts is paramount, and maintaining seating distance is not required for ski school groups with students too young to ride chairlifts by themselves safely, or those who require additional assistance or have additional needs to ride chairlifts safely.
- Students 7 years and younger will be required to be in a private lesson.
- Rentals will be available online for purchase. In order to limit wait time and ensure physical distancing, please order your rentals online, in advance.
- Guests will be directed in an orderly flow for rental equipment to manage customer congregation.
New! Now offering an online food ordering option featuring convenient to-go options. Learn more.
- Haagar building will now have Grab and Go food options available for purchase.
- Additional extra outdoor seating will be available at select locations and there are no capacity limits for outdoor dining. Outdoor dining spaces must allow for 6 feet between parties, per local zoning.
- Contactless payment methods are available at all of our restaurants, so we encourage guests to avoid bringing cash.
- Visit our new Retail Yurt, converted from our Ski School to Retail Center with merchandise available for purchase.
- We will be monitoring and limiting the number of guests inside the Yurt to to ensure guest safety.